Welcome to Sugartown (Sugartown, #1)Welcome to Sugartown by Carmen Jenner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars







Welcome to Sugartown was not what I expected when I read the blurb. To be honest I was expecting something a little bit sickeningly sweet with a young adult twist but OMG was I wrong. And I loved it. There were moments of sweet for sure but those were interspersed with plenty of dark and had my heart on a roller coaster.

The writing was perfect. And I have to say as an Aussie it was nice to read a book that felt 100% Australian. I know your all wondering what the hell I mean by that but even though we are pretty Americanized we do tend to talk a little differently and maybe most people wouldn’t notice but it was one of the first things that absolutely dragged me in with this book.

Elijah especially was such an Aussie bloke I couldn’t not love him. I mean there were moments there I could see my husband saying the same shit. And even though there were so many times I wanted Ana to kick Elijah in the junk and run screaming I am so glad she didn’t.


This book had absolutely everything without it being too much. There were moments when I would maybe think “geez wtf now?” but then I would have to see exactly how it was going to play out and how Ana was going to come through it.

The supporting characters were great and I absolutely loved her best friend to the extreme. I think we all have a friend who is a little like her and I am hoping that the next installment will be her book as I am too nervous to think of the trials and tribulations that could be in front of Ana and Elijah and just pray they get a happily ever after sooner rather than later.

Anyway what can I say but Welcome to Sugartown. I hope you enjoy the stay .



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Stalk Me Here




Search This Blog

Blog Archive