I am a huge fan of the Woodlands series. I love that Jen can so easily twist emotion, humour and steam into her books without it feeling she is trying too hard or without any of the components feeling like they are lacking.

But as much as I love this series and the guys in it I have to say that this one is probably my least favourite of the 3 and I don't know if it was just that I maybe wasn't in the mood for it or if there was just something small that was missing. But I didn't feel this book.



That isn't to say I didn't enjoy it or that I am not stalking her blog to see when the next book is coming out, just that I put the book down and didn't really care. I think maybe there was too much of the everyday mediocre and not enough of the heart stopping drama or sweep me off my feet romance or take my breath away lust and for me that's why I read.

Gray was a marine with a crisis of faith and Sam was a widow who's emotions were finally coming out of deep freeze after losing her husband. Together that made the perfect couple and I loved that they both fought for what they wanted and never lost faith.





As always the secondary characters were great and I really look forward to Finn's story next.




0 comments:

Post a Comment


Stalk Me Here




Search This Blog

Blog Archive